Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Second-First Post: What the Hell Should I Talk about?

Hello all,

As you can see below, this is not my first blog post. But for all intensive purposes, it shall be considered my first blog post.

Within the last year I graduated college. Since then, my worst fears have been realized: it is really hard finding a job.

However, I have been working steadily for the past few months doing what I love. I cover local high school sports for the Eagle Tribune, and it's a blast. It's part time work, so I am still looking for something to compliment it.

Anyhow, I am finding myself with more downtime than I can handle so I am starting this blog.

So my question to all of you is, what should the subject of this blog be? Is there any part of my life/interests that any of you find particularly interesting? Movies, sports, music (kind of), dogs, manatees, hermit crabs, all of the above?

And unless you want an endless dribbling about Family Guy, American Dad and How I met Your Mother, I would NOT recommend I talk about television.

Should I stick with one subject or should I bounce around a little bit?

I am leaning towards having a movie-oriented blog. I can review and/or preview movies, talk about news stories that come out or I just rant about how much I hate Tim Burton.

Also, provided you answered yes to any of the prior questions, how often should I post things? Once a week? Twice? Thrice? I'm completely new at this so I need advice.


Well I guess that is it for now, but I feel like I should put something else in here that is blog-worthy. I'll keep it simple. I'm just going to list a few of my favorite things having to do with movies:

Favorite Movie: Independence Day
Least Favorite Movie: Any Tim Burton movie with the exceptions of "Sleepy Hollow" and "Big Fish"
Favorite Actor: Liam Neeson
Favorite Actress: Kathy Bates/Jennifer Lawrence/Catherine Zeta-Jones
Favorite Movie Character: Chewbacca/Ian Malcolm/Lloyd Christmas

Please give me any and all feedback as to what direction I should go in. I'd like to be as entertaining and worth-reading as possible. Writing is a passion of mine, so I'd like to begin a new form of it.

P.S. Please, please, PLEASE yell at me if I ever start sounding like I'm trying to be Barstool Sports. I read it a lot, but I don't want it to rub of on this. I want to be original.


5 comments:

  1. Movie and album reviews are always good

    ReplyDelete
  2. start by listing you top 5 favorite trilogies of all-time and explain why

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the internet needs to know about your admiration for TSwift. One blog post will suffice. I really hate how that guy from Barstool is convinced she's his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with that! I may clear the air once and for all my feelings regarding TSwift.

      Delete